Sunday, November 8, 2009

Boo.





All Hallows' Eve came and went last weekend so I'm a bit late posting the photos of my pumpkin carving but better late than never. One pumpkin from the farmer's market was big and green and the color of a mango inside and too thick to carve very easily so I cut leaf shape holes in it all around and it ended up like a pumpkin lantern. Also more importantly it made a delicious soup. I used my friend's recipe for butternut squash soup and just substituted pumpkin as the main ingredient. My other pumpkin from the local grocery I managed to thin out from the inside and carve into (not all the way through) with my lino and woodcutting tools to create a creepy owl. A hoot of a good time.





1 comment:

  1. I love your jack-o-lanterns. And mmmm...pumpkin soup. I think we should take turns soon - dinner parties using ingredients from the farmer's market. I know you mentioned you wanted to have one, but we should definitely make it a practice. Your photos are making me hungry, and it's not even 9 am.

    ReplyDelete