Thursday, September 10, 2009

History and new beginnings




Today I waited for Nanny's table to arrive. My inheritance from the South included a well worn, or loved farm table that my grandparents got for the kitchen after most of their kids had grown. The story goes that since the house was quieter, because less peopled, my grandfather could sit and have his morning cup of coffee in peace and talk to my grandmother while she was busy about the kitchen. My living grandfather, the one on my dad's side, to this day still makes my grandmother a cup of coffee every morning. I guess love shown through caffeine is a tradition in the family. Among other odds and ends I am now the proud owner of a pair of red gardening clogs Nanny used to sport. While waiting for these treasures from someone else's past, I started drafting up a part of a new chapter in my own life: the card company logo. I need to simplify it, make it crisper so I can reproduce it time and time again on the back of my cards, but for now I have included a pencil sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment