Thursday, September 4, 2014

Museo

Tuesday, July 22nd 


In the heat of the day I stepped out of the sun into the Museo Arqueológico Regional.  I looked past the glass cases at the Taino ceramics.  Everything the natives made served a purpose, some known, some guessed at, but all their objects were also works of art. The great care they took to decorate the every day reminded me of the native art I have seen since a child in the southwest. It reminded me of the closeness of a world even before technology, people have always been traders of things and of knowledge and have always taken care to make things of beauty.  In the center of the museo grows a fruit tree and nearby is one of my favorite objects down here, hanging water drains that look like a chain of tulips.  




No comments:

Post a Comment