Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Another day, another landscape

Thursday, August 16th




I went up on another hill this morning, the tall hill guarded by the white horses. It was so hot when I got to the base I plopped right down and did a quick study of a farm well surrounded by unmown grass. After I walked up with my bike, because it was too steep, I looked below at the town rooftops and acid green hills.  The trees were dark and warm in their shadows and the distant harvested farms were dusty orange.  I had breakfast under the trees and peered down at what I was going to paint next, I was content.



Then I road my bike around the flat trail that went around the top of the hill and down onto the bike path all the way to Vernon. Where I locked it and wandered; looking at the collection of art at the Musée de Vernon and then at the Collegiate Church of Our Lady (which was bombarded through the ages by wars from the Revolution to World War II, and as a result, has striking modern stained glass windows). 




(section of) The Cabbage, Blanche Hoschedé Monet, Museé de Vernon









No comments:

Post a Comment