Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shady spots

Tuesday, August 21



Today, still sleepy, I was out of breath by the time I reached the base of my usual hill.  I stopped to eat breakfast right away in my usual spot at the top in the shade; I caught my breath, wiping peach juice on my already dirty jeans.  I painted in watercolor keeping to the shady spots.  Sweaty I lay on my back waiting for the paper to dry.  I watched the clouds move and collide, I watched the butterflies dance, I watched the gnats swarm, and I watched the sparrows dive.

On my way down to the bike path to Vernon I stopped to paint a farm.  I heard a rustling in the bushes, rather loud.  I wondered if it was the white horses.  I walked around the bend of trees to see a goat with large horns staring at me.  He looked at me annoyed and then went back to munching on every bush in site.



No comments:

Post a Comment